| Birthplace: San Diego, California, U.S.A.
Residence: New York, New York, U.S.A.
Occupation: Actress/Script girl (continuity)
Education: M.F.A. NYU Film school B.A. CalArts
Hobbies: Animal rights activist, feminist, still
photographer, actress/modeling, loves to shop Fifth Avenue, wants to get married soon
Note: Girlfriend of Alan Yates
- "The Green Inferno" (1979, incomplete)
- "The Last Road to Hell" (1978, grand jury prize, best documentary New York Critics Association Film Festival)
- "Slaves of South Africa" (1976, Academy of Arts nomination, best documentary, best editing)
- "Vietnam: Horror in the Rice Patties"
- "The Vermin of Capitalism" (graduate thesis film, NYU, 1972, Awarded film completion grant)
- "Maybelline presents" (actress/model, in-house industrial for Maybelline employees -1971)
- "As the World Turns" (featured extra, episodes "Dixie's revenge" and
Faye Daniels was born Christina "Tina" Murphy, and raised in San Diego, California. She later attended CalArts theater school, with the hopes of finding work as an actress.
After graduation, she changed her name to Faye Daniels and moved to Hollywood where she landed bit parts on soap operas and some extra work. The freelance acting jobs didn't come frequently enough for Faye to pay her rent and bills. She then packed up and moved to New York with a boyfriend who worked as a commercials director.
Upon arriving in Manhattan, he encouraged her to apply to NYU graduate school in New York. The idea was that she would learn how to direct, simply so she could cast herself in her own movies. NYU is where she met up with Alan Yates at a political rally where both were arresting for chaining themselves to the school's main library doors. It was love at first sight, and thus ended Faye's affair with the commercials director. The two, Yates and Daniels, have been dating for over seven years, and living together for five of those years.
Faye has worked with Alan for several years as a script continuity girl, assistant director and sometimes camera operator. Faye's parents are retired and live in Florida. Her
sister is a nun who works at downtown Manhattan's Sacred Hearts Academy.